It’s a major award! I won it! Mind power, you know.
If I have learned anything about blogging in the past months it is that the blogosphere is a big community. The community contributes to the success and growth of a blogger or else the blog withers and dies.
Lazy Hippie Mama is not the breakout success story of 2012 but, thanks to each and every one of you it has slowly and steadily grown and developed into something I am proud of and that I enjoy very much. I sincerely hope that my posts are an encouragement to you.
Since the beginning, my “1st milestone” goal was to reach 200 followers, and this past week I got there!
A special thanks to FunnyGurl2 at I’m Not Stalking You for being my inspiration to start this blog and for being my very 1st follower all the way through Poppyunderhill over at the Book of Shadows and Blessings for being there when I needed just ONE MORE to reach my goal and to Pura Vida/Costa Rica Travel Blog for being #201 – first toward the next goal.
In preparing to write this, I scrolled through my followers, and I was so very blessed and humbled. There are writers and photographers, teenagers and grandparents, Christians, Pagans and atheists. There are vegetarians and carnivores, home schoolers, government officials, professional athletes, recovering addicts, health “nuts”, hippies, yuppies and geeks. There are followers from dozens of nations, in every part of the world.
The diversity of the group is overwhelming and amazing and beautiful! I LOVE that so many of my followers are so different from me! Do you realize what that means?
To me, it means that men and women, young and old, people of every faith and belief system ALL want to achieve world peace, save the Earth and raise productive citizens (perhaps while expending as little energy as possible).
If we are all working together toward such a beautiful end, it seems our differences become a minor issue.
I am SO encouraged and So blessed and made SO very hopeful by this!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
While I’m passing out thanks, I would like to offer a HUGE thanks to Pixie from Pixiecraft, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I would like to note that, when she gave it to me, I only had 199 followers, so I’m going to gladly accept and credit Pixie with pushing me past my goal!
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So, here are the Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. I skipped this last part because I’m a LAZY hippie.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees. (See above: “LAZY)
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
So… random facts about me:
1) I love fuzzy socks. I don’t put much effort into matching them before I put them on.
2) I think dill pickles are the perfect complement to peanut butter sandwiches, which I find too sweet by themselves.
3) I minored in Political Science but never finished that degree because I tried and failed 3 times to pass American Diplomatic History and finally decided I just didn’t care enough to take a 4th go at it.
4) As a child I had a fatal kidney disease that was healed in what can only be described as a miraculous way.
5) I have given up watching TV at night and entertain myself, instead, by commenting on zillions of Huffington Post articles.
6) I dream in disturbing detail about apocalyptic events almost every night but rarely share my dreams with others as they are… well… disturbing.
7) I am just a little jealous of my daughter’s bravery in regard to being in front of people. That girl feeds on the spotlight!
8) I still use plastic water bottles, even though I am trying to be a good hippie and I know that they are very bad.
9) My favorite car I ever owned was my Mercury Capri convertible It was a piece of crap. It broke down every other time I drove it. But I looked GOOD in that car!
10) I sometimes go in the bathroom and pretend to be “busy” so that I can read a really intense part of a book without being disturbed.
11) I ran out of time while taking my ACT in high school and started randomly filling in bubbles and ended up one point away from a perfect score. I’ve always been lucky that way.
These 11 blogs are not random. They are people who are close to my heart personally or as bloggers. I’m not sure how many followers they all have, so it’s possible some of them have more than 200, but they are a few of my most favorites:
1) I’m Not Stalking You – my asbestos friend in the whole world writes this blog. She is funny and talented and not really even a little bit hippie. You should go see what she has to say!
2) Joy of Service – my Handsome Hippie Hubby has been journaling about his call to give 50% of his (our) income for 31 days in an effort to inspire and encourage. Go! Be inspired and encouraged!
3) Awesome Hippie Girl – since there is no rule about blatant nepotism attached to this award, I’m nominating my Sweet Hippie Daughter. She is funny and silly and she has been working on her writing skills by blogging. If you like sweet, funny, silly stuff you should read what she wrote.
4) Fathead Follies - I’m nominating her because she’s funny and clever and smart and did I mention very very funny? and I think you would enjoy her site.
5) The Kovies - Again, I’m not sure how many followers she has, but “Lexie’s Nana” is the nana we all wish she had. I swear her blog smells like fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies. Go and see and tell me if you think so too.
6) Half Past Normal – Angela is strong and brave and funny and loving and the world needs more people like her. She inspires me to be a better mom.
7) The Usual Bliss – Indeed, I feel blissful seeing the pictures and reading all the descriptions of basking in the tropical sun and sipping tea while watching the soft snow fall and eating rich, glorious plates full of steaming hot comfort food. I love this blog!
8) Rebecca Vincent - writes with purity and love and a gift for words that I, as a wanna-be writer am, admittedly, a little jealous of. If you, too, enjoy words, you will enjoy this blog!
9)The Student Disciple – this blog challenges me at every turn and I always feel like I’ve grown a little after I’ve read it. I enjoy the well-thought-out theology very much.
10) Growing up in a Hippie Commune – Doesn’t the title tell you everything? I am utterly fascinated by this blog!
11) Skinny and Striving – I am so inspired by this young woman’s courage and her determination and her very very worthy goal of wanting to save 3 lives.
So, there you have it! I hope you enjoy these places as much as I have!
One final note – I think there were one or two awards in the past few months that I was nominated for and that I failed to pass along. Please don’t think that I don’t appreciate them (and you!) with all my heart. Sometimes, timing is everything. Every so often I get overwhelmed by life and things slip through the cracks. I’m sorry for that.
Now, I have to dash. It is an exciting day for me. My husband is taking me out and, not only are we not taking the kids, we are going to a place that doesn’t even allow children! I honestly can’t remember the last time I went to such a place! Not a giant singing mouse in sight!
I’ll meet you back here soon.
Are you, too, seeking to save the earth, promote world peace and raise productive citizens without expending too much effort?
Why not follow LazyHippieMama on WordPress, by email or Facebook to get all the updates.
If we work on our goals together, they may be a little easier to achieve!