I’ve been a little overwhelmed by life in general in the past several days, but I’ve emerged from the fog of over-scheduling to find a note from WordPress announcing that there have been 500 times that someone has clicked “Like” on something I wrote. I find that incredibly humbling! I am very honored that you all have enjoyed my blog. It is a joy for me to write it.
Adding blessing upon blessing, two of my favorite bloggers have nominated me for awards!
From The Kitchen Witch comes The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This is a great honor for me, as I find her blog to be a constant inspiration to me as well as a great source of information on all sorts of topics from politics to religion to which herbs to use to treat a nasty bruise. If you have never visited her before I highly suggest it. I guarantee you’ll find something worthwhile.
From The Midwest Maven comes the One Lovely Blog Award. The epitome of a helpful, feel-good blog, it is another that I truly enjoy. There are great recipes, tips for entertaining, lots of life stories, a healthy dash of silliness, and a whole bunch of doggy love. It really is a lovely blog. Go! Right now! Check it out! I’ll wait….
*singing* Ba da da da dum dum da da da. Ba da da da dum dum da da da. Ba da da dum dum da da da da doo.
Now I’m going to cheat, and condense. Because I’m a LAZY Hippie Mama. So, as stated by the rules (more or less), here are 7 interesting (not sure who determines interesting…) things about me:
1) When I got my first official job I was 13 years old. I worked 10 hours a week as a janitor in a diesel fuel pump repair shop. I smelled like diesel fuel ALL the time. Not a great boost in the teenage social scene.
2) My first car was a 1976 Mercury Cougar. It was a beast. It barely fit in an average parking space. It was absolutely indestructible. My grandfather had bought it new and it had less than 30,000 miles on it when he gave it to my mom. She drove it for years and gave it to me with about 150,000 miles on it. When I traded it in it had almost 300,000 miles on it and it had never had any repairs except a muffler, brakes, tires and a few batteries. I think I changed the oil 3 times. The cute, trendy, modern car I traded it for fell apart on the first major trip I took it on and continued to fall apart regularly for 2 years until I scraped it out for junk. *Sigh* Live and learn.
3) The first time I ever got drunk I got SO DRUNK that I laid on the bathroom floor, vomiting, for 2 days. I probably should have gone to the hospital but I couldn’t motivate myself to stand up so I just cried and wondered if I would die from alcohol poisoning. I’ve never been that drunk again. Not even close.
4) I used to live in a haunted apartment in a town so haunted that no one was impressed when my poltergeist threw my dishes around the room.
5) When I was a child, I thought babies were born out of their mom’s belly button. When I learned the truth I was truly horrified. I still am, if I think about it too much.
6) Sometimes I sing songs from Yo Gabba Gabba!, Barney, The Wonderpets, and other annoying kid’s shows when there are no kids anywhere near me.
7) I have a great reputation for being efficient and getting huge amounts of things done, including big projects that no one else will tackle. The truth is, I’m almost always throwing these things together in a panic at the last minute and, only by the Grace of God, do they ever work out.
And now, on to the very best part!
I love passing on the awards, just as a way to tell bloggers how much I’ve enjoyed what they do AND to share with you, dear readers, some great reads you may not already know about. As inspiration and loveliness are rather subjective, these are a very eclectic bunch… I love them all, but if you don’t love the first (or second or third), keep clicking and you’ll find one you adore.
My nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award are:
4 Little Fergusons – This is a little unorthodox for me. I have only discovered this blog today, but this post was the single most inspiring blog post I’ve ever read so I hope they will accept this award and I pray that it will be an encouragement to them!
And my nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
Click! Read! Follow! Enjoy!
I’m going to bed.