Being a modern-day hippie is harder than you may realize.
There are cloth diapers to be washed and hung on the line. Do you know how much planning is required to make a GMO free meal? Any good hippie has to spend some time signing political petitions and the children aren’t going to teach themselves how to hand-weave a winter scarf out of old t-shirts! Looking up green smoothie recipes on Pinterest can keep a person up way past their bed-time and don’t even get me started on all the things you need to make from coconut oil!
However… it’s a fact that there are lazy people among the hippies (I’m not saying I’M a lazy hippie… oh wait… it’s in the URL. Dang. Guess the secret is out!). Here’s how to know if you might be a lazy hippie.
You Might Be a LAZY Hippie If:
* You’ve ever been really excited to find out that a wild plant in your yard is edible. You didn’t have to plant it, you don’t have to go to the grocery store and now you have an excuse to not cut that part of the lawn.
* You’re just a little happy when your area issues a water use warning because it means you have a good reason not to wash the dishes. “I’m saving water! It’s good for the planet, don’t you know?”
* One of the top 3 reasons why you chose to nurse your babies was “I don’t want to wash bottles.”
* You’re aware that letting your child be naked outside has the triple benefit of airing out their tender tush, getting them lots of Vitamin D and saving you from having to wash their clothes/diapers.
* You’ve served raw vegan food for dinner because it’s healthy and humane but also because it meant you didn’t have to cook OR wash pots and pans afterward.
* You’ve allowed a “family bed” because carrying a child up the stairs at midnight just seemed like more work than it was worth.
* You’ve been just a little excited about an “ozone alert” because it meant you had an excuse NOT to drive the car to town and run errands.
* You own a pet goat. You say it’s to save the gas required to cut the grass but mostly it’s just because you hate cutting the grass.
* You’ve failed to pick up your animal’s poop and rationalized that it’s OK because it makes great fertilizer.
* You’ve wondered where the line is between fermenting your food and failing to clean out your fridge.
Are you a lazy hippie? Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Share in the comments what lazy things you do to save the planet, promote world peace and raise productive citizens.
Are you, too, seeking to save the earth, promote world peace and raise productive citizens without expending too much effort?
Why not follow LazyHippieMama on WordPress, by email, Facebook or Twitter to get all the updates.
If we work on our goals together, they may be a little easier to achieve!