I asked Handsome Hippie Hubby to write a blog post. I swear I didn’t put him up to saying all this. He sure did earn some major Husband Points though! This guy… he’s a keeper!
Twelve years ago, I married a beautiful woman who, unknown to me, had a hidden identity. Over time, this hidden identity began to surface more and more until one day it came bubbling to the top of her personality and Lazy Hippie Mama stepped forth into the blogging world. When my wife decided to start a blog, I had no idea what she was getting into. I don’t believe she did either. Her writing talents, accomplishments, creativity, passion, sense of humor, and the ability to tell a good story are humbling. She strives selflessly for a better future for our children and all of humankind and is constantly thanking me for supporting her. It always catches me off guard when she does this for two reasons. First, I don’t feel I do very much, and second, I can’t imagine not supporting her. This fairly new venture has improved life in our home in many ways. I wanted to share a few of these improvements.
So here are THE TOP 5 WAYS MY WIFE’S BLOG IMPROVED MY LIFE…
1. It fulfills her, gives her satisfaction and makes her a happier person, therefore, my life is happier. Happy wife, happy life. I try to read all of LHM’s posts and put them on my facebook wall whenever I can. If anything, it’s serious husband points. Also, I can see the joy she gets from blogging. It is a way for her to connect to the world and make a difference. I’m sure many have noticed, she could have been a successful pastor and touched many lives in that way, but I feel this is even better. It’s a way for her to reach out secularly as well as religiously.
2. I have learned a lot through her research and sharing. LHM is always reading and researching. Here is an example of the difference between what we share from our online perusing. Notice the difference…LHM: “Did you see that Brazil is banning Monsanto products?” Me: “Did you know that Clancy Brown does the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob?” Her leisure reading would equal a semester at the local junior college, while my leisure reading may include a Judy Bloom book from 1978. So you can imagine how thankful I am when I unwittingly find myself in the middle of a somewhat intelligent conversation on current events and have at least half an idea what is being talked about. She has given me ‘ammunition’ to chime into the conversation as well as a window to the world I otherwise might not have known.
3. We go on new adventures and attend free events which we may not have done otherwise. Lazy Hippie Mama was recently asked to review different events such as Disney On Ice and Lego Fest. Hello!!
4. Her writings inspire me and give me a boost for dealing with life. Many times unaware, I find myself reading LHM’s posts objectively and have often gone out into the world inspired because of it.
5. She mentions me in the blog from time to time as Handsome Hippie Hubby. Now thousands of people get the idea I am good looking. While this may seem pathetically shallow, just remember…you are right. It is shallow. But hey, I’m only human and who doesn’t like their ego stroked once in a while? Especially by the love of their life?
I realize many of the blogger’s spouses and significant others out there may not relate to this list. But consider the potential blessings right in front of you. Take a moment to count them and, as in all things, your joy will increase as well.
As always, be well, my friends.
Are you, too, seeking to save the earth, promote world peace and raise productive citizens without expending too much effort?
If we work on our goals together, they may be a little easier to achieve!